You need an account at MSN Messenger, or MSN Hotmail, or a Password account, which represents your Windows Live ID. Now you have to visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx, click on "Download a 90-Day Trial of Windows 7 Enterprise", go at the bottom of the page, and select the language for the corresponding system version (if you are unsure about the version that your computer operates on, select the 32-bit which works on both). Now login with your Windows Live ID, and wait while the page loads. On the page that will appear after loading, where it asks "what occupation describes you best", select either "IT worker" or "IT manager" to be able to download the Windows.
Now you will have to wait for a while while it downloads. My download was very slow. I downloaded almost all the time with 60 kb/s, even if my bandwidth is nearly 700 kb/s permanently (Romania). I hope yours will be faster...
What else you need to know:
- The key is included in the operating system, don't search for any because you don't need one
- You must activate Windows in maximum 10 days after installation ; after that period the operating system will shutdown every hour until activation
- After activation, the Windows will work for 90 days; after that period the operating system will shutdown hourly again
- You must reinstall completely a new Windows because there is no option to upgrade to any other version of Windows 7
- If you reinstall it again, you can use it for only 10 days; after that period your computer will shutdown every hour, and Microsoft won't activate it again.
Consider doing this on any Windows operating system because the download from Linux or from Mac can't be started (the page that appears after selecting the language loads forever on non-Windows operating systems). That is not cool, Microsoft !
So that's all. Enjoy using Windows 7 for 90-days ! For any problems, don't hesitate to contact me.